A partnership approach was adopted at the outset, with an Eliesha Consultant spending time at the University in order to gain a deep insight into what the programme sponsor wanted to achieve.
Eliesha designed and delivered an ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching Programme which consisted of three mandatory units introducing the key aspects of coaching and mentoring.
- The first unit, ‘Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring’, enabled learners to understand the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring, and build a business case.
- In ‘Undertaking Management Coaching or Mentoring in the Workplace’ learners were required to demonstrate their ability to plan, deliver and review at least 12 hours coaching and mentoring in the workplace.
- The final unit of the Certificate, ‘Reviewing Own Ability as a Management Coach or Mentor’, gave learners the ability to critically review their own personal qualities, skills and competence.
The programme consisted of four one-day workshops, two supervision days and the submission of three assignments.
To further embed the learning, and to support the delegates outside the face-to-face interventions, Eliesha provided each participant with access to our innovative pearls of wisdom® online products. pearls of wisdom® are 3-4 minute animated videos covering a wide range of essential management and leadership models. Our L&D team liaised with the University to identify 40 relevant pearls of wisdom® aligned to the Coaching Programme consisting of:
- Lencioni's 5 Temptations of Leaders
- Covey's 13 Trust-Building behaviours
- Emotional Intelligence Journey
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Political Awareness
- Resilience - Seven Learnable skills
- SMART objectives
- The Power of Values
- Your Development - Organisational Objectives
- Authentic Leadership
- Change - Kubler Ross Curve
- Change House
- Communication - Importance in a Manager's Role
- Communication - Barriers to Communication
- Developing Your Influencing Skills
- Emotional Intelligence - Introduction
- Fierce Conversations
- Kotter on Management & Leadership
- Situational Leadership - Hersey & Blanchard Model
- Trust - Covey's 5 Waves
- Unfreeze for Change
- Balancing Authenticity and Skills
- Effective Action Planning
- Emotional Wake of Changes in Teams
- Feedback - Giving Constructive Feedback
- Getting Leadership Right
- Identifying areas to Improve Yourself
- Impact of Having Wrong Style of Leadership
- Stress - Human Function Curve
- Prioritising Tasks - Urgent and Important
- Time Management - Prioritising Tasks
- GROW Model
- Unconscious Bias
- Using Sensory Language and Meta-communication
- 4 levels of Listening
- Focus, Openness, Energy
- Mind-set of a Coach
- STEPPA Coaching Model
Following the successful use of the pearls of wisdom®, the University requested they be made available to all staff throughout the University.