A partnership approach was adopted at the outset with an Eliesha Consultant spending time at the University in order to gain a deep insight into what the programme sponsor wanted to achieve.
Eliesha designed and delivered an ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching Programme which consisted of three mandatory units which introduced the key aspects of coaching and mentoring.
- In the first unit, ‘Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring’, the aim was to enable learners to understand the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring, and build a business case.
- In ‘Undertaking Management Coaching or Mentoring in the Workplace’ learners were required to demonstrate their ability to plan, deliver and review at least 12 hours coaching and mentoring in the workplace.
- The final unit of the Certificate, ‘Reviewing Own Ability as a Management Coach or Mentor’, aimed to give learners the ability to critically review their own personal qualities, skills and competence.
The programme consisted of four x 1 day workshops, two supervision days and the submission of 3 assignments.
To further embed the learning, and to support the delegates outside the face to face interventions, Eliesha provided each participant with access to our pearls of wisdom® innovative online products. pearls of wisdom® are 3-4 minute, dynamic animated videos covering a wide range of essential management and leadership models. Our L&D team liaised with the University to identify 40 relevant pearls of wisdom® aligned to the Coaching Programme consisting of:
- Lencioni's 5 Temptations of Leaders
- Covey's 13 Trust-Building behaviours
- Emotional Intelligence Journey
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Political Awareness
- Resilience - Seven Learnable skills
- SMART objectives
- The Power of Values
- Your Development - Organisational Objectives
- Authentic Leadership
- Change - Kubler Ross Curve
- Change House
- Communication - Importance in a Manager's Role
- Communication - Barriers to Communication
- Developing Your Influencing Skills
- Emotional Intelligence - Introduction
- Fierce Conversations
- Kotter on Management & Leadership
- Situational Leadership - Hersey & Blanchard Model
- Trust - Covey's 5 Waves
- Unfreeze for Change
- Balancing Authenticity and Skills
- Effective Action Planning
- Emotional Wake of Changes in Teams
- Feedback - Giving Constructive Feedback
- Getting Leadership Right
- Identifying areas to Improve Yourself
- Impact of Having Wrong Style of Leadership
- Stress - Human Function Curve
- Prioritising Tasks - Urgent and Important
- Time Management - Prioritising Tasks
- GROW Model
- Unconscious Bias
- Using Sensory Language and Meta-communication
- 4 levels of Listening
- Focus, Openness, Energy
- Mind-set of a Coach
- STEPPA Coaching Model
Following the successfully use of the pearls of wisdom®, the University requested they be made available to all of their staff throughout the University.